The journey from a brand’s strategic intent to performance in the market can be a bumpy ride, often due to the fundamental unpredictability of human behaviour. Our behaviour-centric approaches help you bridge the gap between what people think, feel and say vs. what they actually do.
Shaping real human behaviour to drive brand performance
The journey from a brand’s strategic intent to performance in the market can be a bumpy ride, often due to the fundamental unpredictability of human behaviour. A key challenge for brands is the reality that what people think, feel and say does not link very well with what they do.
Various factors, such as habit, inertia and contextual influences, determine what people actually do with respect to purchase and usage of brands and categories.
At TNS Qualitative, we employ a variety of behaviour-centric approaches to provide you with a picture of real category behaviour, how it is shaped by internal and external contexts, and the moments of opportunity and vulnerability for your category/brand. Using techniques such as cognitive interviewing, wearable cameras, mobile diaries and in-situ research, we advise you on how you can change, embed or reinforce habits, increase usage or influence in-store choices.
Winning the brand share battle
While brand share may look stable, the reality of today’s marketing environment is far more dynamic. Overall brand share dangerously disguises people’s movement from brand to brand and spending patterns across repertoires. The key to share protection and growth lies in managing this promiscuity.
To help brands thrive, ConversionModel thoroughly evaluates the two critical factors affecting brand choice: power in the mind (how people feel about a brand) and power in the market (situational factors such as price and availability that also influence decisions).
ConversionModel uses our understanding of individual consumers to provide detailed insights into category dynamics and spending patterns, pinpointing opportunities to attract new consumers, re-win existing ones and to optimize their spending.
Questions that ConversionModel can answer:
- What potential is there to grow my brand?
- Where are the risks and opportunities for my brand?
- Which competitors pose a threat or opportunity for my brand – and what do I need to do to protect my brand share or gain from competitors?
- How can I attract new customers or increase my share of customer’s spend?
- What motivates people to use a particular product? And which market factors enable or restrict choice?
Key benefits of using ConversionModel:
- Proven over 25 years as a model for understanding and predicting brand growth
- Track record of driving brand growth for clients through tailored, actionable recommendations
- Provides a holistic brand strength framework that links directly to behaviour and is essential to understanding a brand’s position in the marketplace
- Delivered by the world’s leading brand and communications research agency with more than 400 experts worldwide
- Rooted in a deep understanding of habits, decision-making and behaviour change
Decoding customer relationships
At the heart of every customer relationship is a unique Customer Code. It holds the key to identifying and matching up what customers expect from you with what delivers truly profitable growth for your business.
TRI*M is our unique approach to cracking the Customer Code. It will help you to understand which experiences matter most to your customers – and which therefore matter most to your business. By revealing what’s critical and what’s not, understanding your Customer Code will help you to create stronger customer loyalty and drive profitable growth.
Questions that TRI*M can answer:
- How strong are my customer relationships?
- How can I make sure my investment in customer experience is rewarded with loyalty and preference?
- How much of my business is at risk, and where would it go to?
- Which aspects of competitive offerings are attracting customers?
- How good is my company’s performance on specific customer services and customer touchpoints?
- What has the greatest impact on my relationships and where should we focus resources?
Key benefits of using TRI*M:
- Complete, future-focused view of customer relationships and the competitive context
- Clear guidance on return on investment, budget and resource allocation and organizational effectiveness
- Incorporates the latest behavioral economics thinking on how customers make decisions
- Efficient, proven and validated KPI that links to transactional programmes and supports CEM incentive plans
- Network of over 800 experts in 80 countries and the world’s largest database (19,000+ surveys across all industries and regions
More than half of the Fortune 100 companies are already using TRI *M complex solutions. Results of the study allow them to grow and successfully manage business performance (customer base, turnover, level of staff turnover etc.).
Driving growth from shopper insights
TNS Retail & Shopper leverages insights from more than 30 years’ experience to help connect shoppers with your products and grow brand and category sales.