Building brands for growth
Brand success is ultimately dependent on consumer behaviour. Understanding the true dynamics of decision making is therefore critical in order to deliver meaningful insight that can inform brand and communication strategy.
Yet too many research models are based on outdated thinking. At TNS, we harness new learnings from neuroscience and behavioural economics to challenge the assumed wisdom of the industry.
We apply new technologies to reveal deeper insights. Our pioneering brand and communications tools provide a precise understanding of how people make decisions, their underlying motivations and the strategies that can be employed to grow your brand for long term success.
- Communications Effectiveness
Winning the brand share battle
While brand share may look stable, the reality of today’s marketing environment is far more dynamic. Overall brand share dangerously disguises people’s movement from brand to brand and spending patterns across repertoires. The key to share protection and growth lies in managing this promiscuity.
To help brands thrive, ConversionModel thoroughly evaluates the two critical factors affecting brand choice: power in the mind (how people feel about a brand) and power in the market (situational factors such as price and availability that also influence decisions).
ConversionModel uses our understanding of individual consumers to provide detailed insights into category dynamics and spending patterns, pinpointing opportunities to attract new consumers, re-win existing ones and to optimize their spending.
Questions that ConversionModel can answer:
- What potential is there to grow my brand?
- Where are the risks and opportunities for my brand?
- Which competitors pose a threat or opportunity for my brand – and what do I need to do to protect my brand share or gain from competitors?
- How can I attract new customers or increase my share of customer’s spend?
- What motivates people to use a particular product? And which market factors enable or restrict choice?
Key benefits of using ConversionModel:
- Proven over 25 years as a model for understanding and predicting brand growth
- Track record of driving brand growth for clients through tailored, actionable recommendations
- Provides a holistic brand strength framework that links directly to behaviour and is essential to understanding a brand’s position in the marketplace
- Delivered by the world’s leading brand and communications research agency with more than 400 experts worldwide
- Rooted in a deep understanding of habits, decision-making and behaviour change
Building irresistible brands
There are many popular brands, but only a few have the magnetic power of irresistibility. Irresistible brands evoke a powerful desire that makes choosing them inevitable and competing with them impossible. Irresistibility drives real strategic and economic advantage.
At the heart of irresistibility is a deep understanding of consumer needs including the underlying emotive needs driving choice.
NeedScope understands what drives irresistibility with proprietary models to uncover these needs and a powerful brand planning framework that adds value throughout the marketing process.
Find out how to make your brand irresistible with NeedScope.
Questions that NeedScope can answer:
- Is my brand irresistible – and how can I improve its irresistibility?
- What are the greatest opportunities in my market – and how can I position my brand to take advantage?
- How can I optimise my brand or product portfolio?
- Are there unmet consumer needs my brand could be addressing?
- Can my brand stretch to new areas through innovation?
Key benefits of using NeedScope:
- In-depth qualitative and quantitative research to reveal what your category really means to consumers
- A precise understanding of the range and depth of emotive needs driving brand choice – and how to address them
- Unique insight on the 8 apps that drive irresistibility for brands, with a customised plan for competitive advantage
- Identify and size the need-states that offer the opportunity for irresistibility, with clear strategies for achieving and maintaining it
- Can my brand stretch to new areas through innovation?
AdEval - Enhancing the creative process
AdEval offers a new approach to ad pre-testing, assessing both the immediate brand appeal as well as long-term brand effects – a proven approach to increase advertising success.
Enhancing the creative process
Built around the latest neuroscience-derived insights, AdEval offers a new approach to ad pre-testing that enhances creativity rather than restraining it.
It provides specific, actionable recommendations to improve both short-term impact and longer-term brand effects, and is proven to increase advertising success.
Unlike traditional pre-testing, which IPA data suggests does not lead to more effective advertising, AdEval assesses whether the creative will drive immediate brand appeal and if it will create the long-term effects that build brand equity. With clear, constructive recommendations on emotive positioning and scene-by-scene diagnostics to guide execution, it’s an essential tool for strengthening the creative rather than stifling it.
Optimise media performance
AdEffect is a campaign post-testing tool that goes beyond creative evaluation and simple ad metrics to reveal the contributions of each channel (traditional and digital) and their synergies, providing clear recommendations on optimising both creative and media mix.
Optimising media performance
AdEffect is a campaign post-testing tool that goes beyond creative evaluation and simple ad metrics. It offers a holistic view of campaign performance, identifying the contribution of each media element as well as their synergies helping to deliver results. By showing potential, as well as actual performance, it determines optimum levels of exposure for each channel, and provides clear guidance on optimising both creative and the media mix.
AdEffect works by linking brand and ad metrics with estimated or real exposure to the campaign through a causal model. It provides a thorough evaluation of current campaign performance, whilst modelling the outcome of different budget allocations and determining the most efficient balance of media spend to achieve desired outcomes.
Our other areas of expertise:Customer Interaction StrategiesDigitalInnovation & Product DevelopmentKantar QualitativeRetail & Shopper