Powering innovation-led growth
New products and services should be a valuable path to growth, but with over 80 per cent of launches failing, a new approach is needed. At TNS we have proven that we can turn innovation’s failure rate around.Our suite of solutions will enable you to screen differently, prioritising the ideas and concepts that can provide real, top-line growth. They take you beyond aggregate estimates and give you a more accurate, individual-based understanding of potential. We use the latest qualitative and quantitative techniques and leverage the power of mobile and social to get you closer to occasion-based growth opportunities.
- Create solutions
- Identify Opportunities
- Launch and validate
- Optimise solutions
Generating breakthrough ideas grounded in strategy
SuperGroups allow to finding the definite directions and word of basic ideas to invent new offers / expand the business.
SuperGroups allow to finding the definite directions and word of basic ideas to invent new offers / expand the business. Work with creative consumers, the client’s team, and designers gives us the possibility to produce bright and convincing ideas.
SuperGroup is a two-day co-creation workshop that generates powerful ideas and concepts rooted in unmet needs.
How to turn consumers’ creative ideas in the business-oriented direction?
SuperGroups are formed in the way to base new ideas on the earlier found insights and to link them to the client’s strategic goals.
Consumers are offered clearly limited areas for their creativity while actuality and clarity of their ideas are controlled not only by the client’s team and us but also by similar consumers – participants of SuperGroups.
In the process of Supergroups work, we apply the most modern techniques to stimulate creative abilities to invent fascinating but real ideas. Then, after selection of the best ideas, we are focusing on transforming the ideas in concepts. Finally, we get 10-12 final concepts ready to be checked by consumers.
Key benefits of using SuperGroup:
- Research grounded in real consumer insights and your category context to ensure relevance to your business needs
- Ability to use for brand positioning and re-positioning
- Ability to move quickly into concept testing
Nurturing early stage concepts to develop winning propositions
SuperClinic is our qualitative concept refinement tool that uses insights from creative and mainstream consumers to turn promising concepts into sharpened propositions.
The main task is choosing of one / several innovative ideas and their finishing to provide new offers / business development with reference to opinions of various types of consumers.
How can we be sure that our ideas are fit for various types /groups of consumers?
Three types of consumers take part in our work:
- Early followers: open to everything new and inclined to experiments, easily adopt new ideas, participate in their finishing;
- Common users: have standard demands in the category (characteristic of the majority), evaluate new ideas for actuality and reasonability for them;
- Creative consumers: creative and energetic personalities, aimed at inventing new ideas in their own consumer language.
All consumers – participants of SuperClinics – are selected according to special techniques, many times approved especially in innovative projects.
Evaluation of the ideas is both constructive and creative and comes from a consumer’s point of view. The client’s team integrates in the process and makes decisions in the course of the project.
Result: Optimized conceptions, based on consumer perception
Key benefits of using SuperClinic:
- Sequential recycling uses a mix of creative, early adopters and mainstream consumers to help craft concepts
- Sensitive and constructive approach to using respondent feedback to optimise concepts in real time
- High involvement of the client team throughout the entire process
Translating insights into actions
Activation Workshops are interactive, full-day sessions designed to bring research insights to life and deliver tangible action plans that meet your strategic objectives.
Translating insights into actions
Activation Workshops translate research findings into action plans that deliver your key strategic business objectives.
Using a five-step activation process, our expert qualitative facilitators help you prioritise insights, internalise findings and drive change in both the short and long term.
Our Activation Workshops are fully interactive and entirely customised strategic sessions. We use creative problem-solving and lateral-thinking techniques to help bring insights to life, and deliver clear summaries and action plans that guarantee a return on your research investment.
Questions that Activation Workshops can answer
- How do I bring insights to life in a way that is tangible for the broader team?
- How do I show my team the link between research and execution?
- How do I streamline the integration process with multiple internal stakeholders to develop strategies that will drive business growth?
- How do I distill a large and complex piece of research into a few intuitive and practical actions?
Key benefits of using Activation Workshops
- Uses a highly evolved system of creative techniques tailored to the research findings and business needs
- Brings together the knowledge of your account team with the expertise of our experienced creative facilitator
- Can be applied to any quantitative or qualitative research project
Crafting insights from consumer learnings
Insightment is a structured process of crafting insights from observing consumer realities and exploring unmet needs and tensions to unlock the innovation opportunity for your brand.
The main task of Insightment is to find the possible areas of business expansion through understanding of consumers as a basis to invent new offers.
Insight – it is internal needs of a consumer as it is fixed in the consumer’s language and behavior. The said needs are not always material: not infrequently they are based on emotions and provide business with new opportunities for expansion.
Where do insights come from?
- Step 1: Observation of consumers, understanding their world. How: immersion in the world of consumers by means of observation of their lives, communication with the particular goods category experts, collecting of data by analyzing open sources and present information (including quantitative data).
- Step 2: Changing of observations into understanding. How: after collecting all data, the latter are processed and interpreted in certain schemes for use in Insightment™ workshop, where the client’s team takes an active part. To obtain an effective result, we apply particular techniques, converting hundreds of observations in a source of special information.
All the insights are based on real customers’ behavior.
Key benefits of using Insightment
- Joint work of the Client’s team (up to 25 people) and TNS team (up to 5 people). The Client actively participates in the insights development process
- Untraditional approach to research course and results – it makes it possible to look at them from a different angle
- A range of creative approach and projective techniques help you craft insights to power genuine growth
Pinpointing opportunities for growth
Matrix uses a systematic, structured approach to identify the right growth opportunities for your business. The market opportunity arises where the market offers something, but the consumer wants more. While studying differences between market supply and consumer needs, Matrix is basing on a proven model of consumer behavior making choice.
Equally effective for product renovation and innovation, Matrix searches all of the places where opportunities can hide. It identifies, sizes and prioritises these based on their growth potential, providing a full understanding of key success factors and a precise guide for the next steps in the development process.
Questions that Matrix can answer:
- What are the underlying drivers of product choice in my category?
- What are my biggest opportunities for top-line growth?
- Where are the greatest threats to my business and how can I innovate to address them? What innovations should I introduce to prevent this threat?
- How can I change my product mix to deliver incremental portfolio growth?
Key benefits of using Matrix:
- Over 30 years’ experience in guiding innovation decisions
- A network of experts in every major country and every conceivable product category
- A proven consumer behavioural model that guides survey design and removes ROI uncertainty
- An approach tailored by client goals and capabilities
Winning the brand share battle
While brand share may look stable, the reality of today’s marketing environment is far more dynamic. Overall brand share dangerously disguises people’s movement from brand to brand and spending patterns across repertoires. The key to share protection and growth lies in managing this promiscuity.
To help brands thrive, ConversionModel thoroughly evaluates the two critical factors affecting brand choice: power in the mind (how people feel about a brand) and power in the market (situational factors such as price and availability that also influence decisions).
ConversionModel uses our understanding of individual consumers to provide detailed insights into category dynamics and spending patterns, pinpointing opportunities to attract new consumers, re-win existing ones and to optimize their spending.
Questions that ConversionModel can answer:
- What potential is there to grow my brand?
- Where are the risks and opportunities for my brand?
- Which competitors pose a threat or opportunity for my brand – and what do I need to do to protect my brand share or gain from competitors?
- How can I attract new customers or increase my share of customer’s spend?
- What motivates people to use a particular product? And which market factors enable or restrict choice?
Key benefits of using ConversionModel:
- Proven over 25 years as a model for understanding and predicting brand growth
- Track record of driving brand growth for clients through tailored, actionable recommendations
- Provides a holistic brand strength framework that links directly to behaviour and is essential to understanding a brand’s position in the marketplace
- Delivered by the world’s leading brand and communications research agency with more than 400 experts worldwide
- Rooted in a deep understanding of habits, decision-making and behaviour change
Identifying and prioritising winning ideas
Concept eValuate screens concepts based on incremental potential, which in-market data show to be the key criteria for success. This understanding of growth is vital for guiding investment, and preventing expensive mistakes. It marks a break from traditional concept screening that only looks at overall appeal, and doesn’t reveal where sales come from.
Our individual modelling approach also doubles the accuracy of source of trial estimates, helping to avoid investment in the development of a future ‘cannibal’ which will not deliver the desired growth. We provide clear direction for optimising development to increase speed to market, and our Early Adopter analysis ensures you don’t kill bold breakthrough ideas.
Questions that Concept eValuate can answer:
- Which concepts offer the greatest top-line growth potential?
- Which ideas should I progress, and which should I prioritise?
- Is the potential big enough to justify future investment in product development?
- Which ideas have the potential to be breakthrough innovations?
- How can I optimise my most promising concepts?
Key benefits of using Concept eValuate:
- Database benchmarks give clear advice on whether concepts are good enough
- Flexibility to provide guidance for branded or unbranded and priced or unpriced ideas
- Individual modelling has been proven to double the accuracy of the incremental trial estimate
- Early Adopter analysis ensures you don’t kill bold breakthrough ideas
- Clear direction for optimising development to increase speed to market
- Option for a ballpark volume estimate to check viability versus business plan
Crafting products for launch readiness
Product eValuate tests how well products fit with consumer expectations, and identifies the improvements you need to drive repeat sales.
Crafting products for launch readiness
A new product must match consumer expectations to deliver strong repeat purchase, the critical factor for long-term success.
Product eValuate is a concept-product test which uses proven performance measures to determine whether a new product meets expectations and is good enough to launch, together with actionable diagnostics to determine how it can be optimised.
And because innovation success should be measured in terms of growth, we use individual modelling to double the accuracy of source of volume estimates. This helps avoid the trap of launching a ‘cannibal’ which delivers volume, but not the desired growth.
Questions that Product eValuate can answer:
- Is my product ready for market?
- Which product formulation provides the best chance of success?
- How can I improve concept-product fit?
- Is the growth potential big enough to merit a launch?
Key benefits of using Product eValuate
- Database benchmarks give clear advice on whether concept, product and concept-product fit are good enough
- Launch Health Check provides a summary metric on whether the product mix is ready for launch
- Individual modelling provides a more accurate estimate of growth potential
- Synergy analysis advises on potential impact/ optimisation of promotional activity
- Optional sales volume forecast based on a simple marketing plan provides a ‘disaster check’ for the business plan
Optimising the price and product mix
ValueManager uses our proprietary choice modelling software to reveal the product features that matter most, and helps you align your pricing strategy with consumers’ value
Optimising the price and product mix
ValueManager uses the latest techniques in choice modelling to reveal the product features that consumers value – and the price they are prepared to pay for them.
With a team of scientifically trained statisticians and proprietary, choice-based simulation software, ValueManager models the precise impact of different product configurations and price points. It enables smart, value-based pricing and product design that can drive incremental business growth.
Questions that ValueManager can answer:
- Which of my product’s features do consumers value?
- Which product additions and renovations can add more value for consumers?
- What price points will different product configurations support?
- How can I optimise product and pricing for incremental growth?
Optimising launch success
Double the accuracy of in-market sales forecasts with our individual-based approach. Launch eValuate will ensure that your в to top-line growth.
Optimising launch success
Today’s fragmented marketing environment presents many new challenges to sales forecasting. The high failure rate for innovation suggests the old methods aren’t up to the task.
A fresh approach to launch evaluation is required to take account of all the touchpoints that influence consumer decision-making, including word of mouth, digital media and the in-store environment. Launch eValuate provides the solution.
Because innovation success should be measured in terms of growth, we use individual modelling to double the accuracy of source of volume estimates. This helps avoid the trap of launching a ‘cannibal’ which delivers volume, but not the desired growth.
Questions that Launch eValuate can answer
- Does the growth potential merit investing in the launch?
- How can I optimise the launch plan to maximise ROI?
- Which retailers offer the strongest fit for my launch?
Key benefits of using Launch eValuate
- Individual modelling provides a more accurate estimate of sales growth
- Designed to forecast launches with limited above-the-line spend by modelling specific impact of awareness created in-store
- More actionable launch planning advice on how to reach target consumers
- Modules to measure the long term impact of promotions and word of mouth more accurately
Our other areas of expertise:Brand & CommunicationCustomer Interaction StrategiesDigitalTNS QualitativeRetail & Shopper